Thursday, 23 February 2012

For all those living in Montreal

You. Yes, you!
The hardworking, tax-paying citizens and students of the city of Montreal.
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE STM?
For an entreprise that keeps claiming that it is tailoring its services to please its customers, something is going very wrong.
I am pretty sure their thoughts go something like this: 'We just added a new bus line that goes through out the night! Let's hope no one notices that the metro will stop for 20 minutes at every station!' or 'There is this huge event that we are a sponsor off! Hmmm, there will probably be alot of people taking the metro or the buses at that time.. Let's make sure there are less of them passing than usual!'.
The public transit has been around for about 150 years, and they still can't figure out a schedule or a system that is efficient.
For me, the cherry on top of the cake is that they constantly increase their prices! They claim it is to help pay for all the extra services they will be providing. But to whom? I don't know. I have not met one person to date that said to me: 'Did you know? The STM bus came on time today because they increased the amount passing on that line!'.
I acknowledge the (failed) effort that the STM is making, but shouldn't they atleast ASK the people what they want? Cause I am pretty sure that I would ask for more metros passing after 9 pm, not for them to add a new 'express' line that goes to John Abbott which coincidentally has the same stops and times as the, already established, 210 line. Or I would ask them to add more buses to the 124 line that leaves from Vendome, so that students aren't constantly late to their classes.
Finally, if the STM decides to do one thing, and one thing only for me, PICK BETTER BUS DRIVERS. I would love not to almost be hit by a bus every day. Or to not almost get in an accident when on the bus because the bus drivers decide to brake the milli-second before rear-ending the car infront of them.

Although I know that this little post probably won't do much to convince the STM about issues they should be tackling, I needed to let out some steam and hope they hire someone smart at one point, who may clean up their mess.

Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment