Saturday, 31 March 2012
Hunger Games
Finally! After having read all the books and waited impatiently for the movie to come out, it finally did!
Yours truly went to see it this week. And I've got to say, I am pretty impressed.
This is coming from the person who makes sure to read all the books before she sees the movies and, once she gets to the theatre, loudly comments on any thing that doesnt comply with the books.
When I read the first book of the trilogy, I didn't know what to think. At first, I loved the moral conflicts and all it represented, but then the love story came in. I litteraly face palmed. All I could think of is: Pleasee don't turn all Twilighty on me, please! But then I read the second and the third book. Although I don't want to ruin the books for any of you, the twist at the end of the third book was excellent. It was starting to get cheesy, but the author twisted everything around at the perfect point, with the best situations.
All in all, it was a good movie. Not what I expected, but in a good way.
With all the hype about it, I was afraid the directors where going to get ahead of themselves and make the story all Hollywood-y. But they didnt! They stuck to the story line very well. It was quite obvious that they tried their best to keep a balance between keeping those who read the books happy and those who only watched the movie.
This was definitely a great movie to see. Worth every penny!
I advise you all to go watch it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment